By using our website, you are agreeing to this policy.
This website is owned and operated by Josh Fano, registered as Seal Trade Links LTD.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 09164354, and our registered office is at Josh Fano, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham B7 4BB.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
Our data protection registration number is ZA197627.
What Information do we collect?
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, medical data ( prescription eye-test) and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order such as reglazing) if you contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
(b) information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address;
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address;
(d) information relating to any purchases you make of our goods including your name, delivery address, payment address, telephone numbers, email address and card details;
(e) information that you post on our website for publication on the internet including your user name, profile pictures and reviews;
(f) the information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication;
(g) any other personal information that you choose to send to us;
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Why we need your Information and how we use It?
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer our website and business;
(b) personalise our website for you;
(c) enable your use of the services available on our website;
(d) send you goods purchased through our website;
(e) send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(h) send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
(i) send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
(j) provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information;
(k) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
(l) keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
(m) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website; and
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to us. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, professional advisers, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, example as follows:
- Lens suppliers: We share information with trusted lenses suppliers as necessary to provide you with our services to fulfil prescription orders.
- Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies Eg. royal mail. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers: If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, We may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons), We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, We will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology or 3rd party providers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We’re currently not using any cookies on our website. But, we will notify you once we do intend to use it to improve our services.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
How to contact us?
For purposes of EU data protection law, Josh Fano (registered as Seal Trade Links LTD) is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.
You may also mail us at:
Josh Fano, Innovation Birmingham Campus
Holt Street, Faraday Wharf
Birmingham, B7 4BB